Job ID: 230
Main Facts: The Manager- Outsourcing Engineering Services is responsible for the definition and implementation of the overall Engineering Outsource Strategy.
Located in Irvine, USA
Industry: Aviation & Aerospace
Technical skill 1: Leading technical teams in research & development
Required level: 3/3
Technical skill 2: Review of financials and estimate-to-complete (ETC)
Required level: 2/3
Technical skill 3: International procurement procedures and practices
Technical skill 4: Managing geographically-dispersed teams
Technical skill 5: Business strategy formulation and implementation
Soft skill 1: Multitask
Soft skill 2: Influencer - at company, partner and customer organization levels
Engineer-centric company, focus on innovation. Global leader in safety and security technologies for Aerospace, Ground Transportation, Defence and Security sectors. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer / AA / Minorities / Females / Veterans / Disabled.
• Structure and objectively justify the Engineering outsourcing strategy (Structural, Tactical, Conjunctural) for subcontracted engineering services (Contractors, Contingent, Secondment, etc.).
• Identify and research capable Suppliers in a partnership with Procurement and develop key partnerships to deliver the outsourcing strategy.
• Coordinate activities between Procurement, Supplier, Engineering and IT to enable transition of work packages to low-cost Offshore Development Centers (ODC).
• Provide operational expertise and strategic leadership, support, guidance and training to teams on all aspects of outsourced work.
• Support Make/Team/Buy decision-making on behalf of Engineering in alignment with the outsourcing strategy.
• Ensures alignment with Corporate Guidance to contribute to the definition of the engagement model with Suppliers (managed services, T&M, FFP).
• Support Procurement in the management of offsets.
• Support Procurement resolution of Supplier issues in a timely manner.
• Track monthly active subcontractor list for on-site and remote locations.
• Assist in ensuring standard templates are used for Statements of Work (SOW).
• Partner with Procurement and Contracts team to ensure SOW & PO is approved and executed,
including completion of Purchase Requisitions (PRs) and Purchase Orders (POs) in SAP.
• Define and monitor key performance indicators and adherence to Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
• Coordinate the acceptance of work packages and associated financial transactions.
• Assess the skill-sets and competencies of various suppliers and develop training plans / action plans to resolve skill / competency gaps.
• Support weekly, monthly and Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs) to monitor the activities.
• Ensures timekeeping compliance for subcontractors.
• Maintain internal indicators related to offshoring / nearshoring targets (headcount ratios, % by spend, etc.)
• Liaise with Accounting , PMO and other stakeholders to resolve issues related to outsourced Engineering services.